I made some good improvements since the last post, so I decided that this is good enough to call 2.5 done! So now everyone can easily use the latest code. If you're still running XP, that is. :)
I fixed a bug where stale values could get into the cache! I've seen this happen very rarely, like once a year, and was puzzled by it for a long time.... so hopefully that old bug is fixed.
And some minor stuff.... improved error event logging, service is more resilient against invalid path names, fixed bugs that were introduced since 2.4.
Basically, 2.5 should be faster, more correct, and more polished than 2.4, but no major changes in the core scanning.